Wednesday, 18 June 2014

My glitter soap adventure

I have to admit to you all, this post has been a long time coming. What with my final major project and sorting out the big move, I finally found the time to make a project I have been very much looking forward to - DIY soaps!

So today I got a bit crafty and made my very own soaps but with a bit of a Sammy twist. This twist related back to my final major project which involved lots and lots of glitter! I had a bit of extra glitter I have previously bought and decided to use this in my soaps complete with little buttons for a crafty touch.
I used Stephenson's personal care base for my soaps - the melt and pour range and I was amazed at how simple these little beauties were to make! All I had to do was:

  • Melt the soap blocks in the microwave
  • Stir the liquid until there were no lumps visible
  • Pour them in the moulds
  • And then add all my decorations. TADA! 

I also have my own personal 'Keep Calm And Make Soap' t-shirts which I will now use when I make my soaps!
Oh and ignore my masked shirt, I couldn't resist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy so come and make me smile :)